Conservation Grants 2024
- BHIS 2024 Application Form A
- BHIS 2024 Booklet Guidance for Applicants
- BHIS 2024 Circular
- BHIS 2024 Guidance Application Form A
- Historic Structures Fund 2024 Circular
- HSF 2024 Guidance Application Form
- HSF 2024 Guidance Booklet for Applicants
- HSF2024 Aguisín I – Foirm A (Iarratasóir)
- HSF2024 Aguisín V – Seicliosta d’Iarratasóirí le cur isteach le Foirm Iarratais A
- HSF2024 An Ciste um Struchtúir Stairiúla Ciorclán
- HSF2024 Appendix I – Form A (Applicant)
2024 Funding for conservation works and repairs in Kerry
Kerry County Council is now inviting applications under several schemes for works to be done in 2024 for small, medium or large-scale repairs for conservation projects to Protected Structures and in certain circumstances to buildings that enhance Architectural Conservation Areas within County Kerry. The closing date for receipt of applications is 4pm FRIDAY 19th JANUARY 2024.
Funding is available for projects to take place in 2024 under the following schemes:
- Built Heritage Investment Scheme 2024
- Historic Structures Fund 2024 (including sub-streams for Historic Shopfronts/Traditional Irish Language Shopfronts and for Vernacular Structures)
The conservation funding schemes exist to aid owners with the appropriate detailing and correct methods to repair the historic materials used in older buildings such as lime, stone, hand-made brick, thatch, natural slate, and historic.
CLOSING DATE: Applications should be submitted to Kerry County Council by 4PM FRIDAY 19TH JANUARY 2024. Application forms for the schemes are available on Kerry County Council’s website and completed applications should be sent to the Planning Department, Kerry County Council, County Buildings, Rathass, Tralee, County Kerry or by email to email@example.com A decision will issue to all applications following provisional approval of successful applications by the Department. This decision is generally made by early to mid-March.
Please note that applicants cannot avail of funding under both the Historic Structures Fund and the Built Heritage Investment Scheme in the same year and so if apply for both and are successful then can only accept one of them.
The Irish language versions of the BHIS 2024 Circular and Application Form A are available on gov.ie – Cúnamh Airgeadais don Oidhreacht Thógtha (www.gov.ie) available on gov.ie – Cúnamh Airgeadais don Oidhreacht Thógtha (www.gov.ie).